Arts and crafts are a fun idea during the holidays or afternoon sessions for little and big ones alike. In each picture book in The Thinking Train series, you will find a Make and do project. In Deborah’s dreams written by Herbert Puchta and Gavin Biggs, illustrated by Viola Niccolai, you make an origami monster bookmark. Follow these steps and make the bookmark yourself!
Make an origami monster bookmark
- Cut out a 15cm x 15cm square of coloured paper.
- Fold the bottom to the top along the diagonal making a triangle.
- Fold the left corner to the top of the triangle.
- Fold the right corner to the top of the triangle.
- Open out your triangle.
- Take the top piece of paper. Fold the top of the triangle to the bottom.
- Fold the left corner inside the ‘pocket’,
- Fold the right corner inside the pocket.
- Now decorate your monster!
If you already have a copy of the reader, then go to www.helbling.com/code and enter the 16-digit code you can find in the book. You will find a downloadable PDF of the origami bookmark, online games and the audio recording of the story.