The school year is well underway and you and your students might be looking for some new books to read. Here are two book games you can play with your classes or your Book Club. They are ideal for giving students a flavour of the books on offer, but also as a fun way of finishing off a year’s reading.
- You can play this game individually or with two or more teams. Divide your class into teams of 3-4.
- Give them a Helbling Readers Catalogue.
- If you don’t have a catalogue, the bigger the challenge, do it without it!
- Set a time limit for the game. The teams have to collect the titles for each card and then calculate their points.
- The team which collects the most points in the set time is the winner!
Download the two worksheets here:
This is a simple but fun game. The same teams will have to match the last lines of classics with their titles. Then ask them to guess what the story is about.
Download the worksheet here:
You can find more Book Club and Reading Games here.